- They settled issues, intra descent conflicts and issues between natal towns and you may towns when you look at the that they have been hitched.
- It did rites, traditions, and you may sacrifices to your society, like the last absolution rites for new brides. On the day in question, brand new bride-to-be-to-become perform declare every their wrong doings towards the otu umuada who up coming purify their own.
- The latest otu umuada and additionally performed purification traditions for origin home and other areas that were experienced contaminated, therefore, the gods or goddesses wouldn’t leash out the wrath on the individuals, but alternatively, let them have health, bounty and offspring.
- The fresh otu umuada read confessions off adulterous spouses and performed filtering traditions in their mind.
She is actually the brand new partner who was simply partnered longest locally
The leader, anasi, is actually the most elderly spouse in the community. The brand new anasi is brand new medium by which the ladies you may sound their inquiries and you can cover its appeal as wives, parents, producers, and you can buyers.
- They helped lineage spouses in a situation of fret and you will disease.
- They read and you may obvious punishments inside the cases related to husbands who mistreated its spouses.
- It made certain that town load and marketplace try brush.
- They made conclusion amongst the growing and you may picking away from plants.
- They grabbed proper care of pet that had lost the harvest.
From time to time throughout the lifetime of the community, the fresh otu umuada and you will otu inyomdi showed up together with her since the ladies’ system to go over issues that affected them just like the women in the people.
She made sure industry taboos was indeed observed, and you may arrested wrongdoers and you may introduced him or her before omu courtroom
Ages levels was categories of feminine out of same age, just who emerged with her to help you offer incentives on the ambition and you can dedication. It performed spiritual, societal and you may governmental characteristics for the community; offered studies to own young people in group lives; and you can given streams getting socializing and you will company that happen to be quite beneficial and you will integrative factors when you look at the area. For the Igboland, solitary lineage daughters shaped by themselves into the individuals ogbo associations. Included in this is actually brand new okpo ntu in addition to their commitments integrated clean and you will keeping new community latrines and garbage dumps; starting communal labor characteristics particularly house strengthening and you will related tasks; and, organizing themselves to your dancing communities, hence offered community forums where girls you are going to build solid and you will long-term relationships together with other girls regarding the category.
In Igboland condition is reached, not ascribed and an excellent woman’s status was dependent on her very own success, not the ones from their unique spouse. Igbo women you can expect to improve their social status by firmly taking headings. These headings integrated the new ikenga, inachi and you can inwene. Named female had been accorded a great amount of esteem and those who exhibited frontrunners capabilities could commonly keep governmental work environment.
The omu along with her cupboard of called feminine councilors, ilogu, have been charged with retain the women area of the people. The market heiГџe Brasilien Braut set is this new Igbo female’s website name. It actually was kept all of the four days. The fresh omu and her closet oversaw the business and outlined their rules and regulations. The newest omu and her case fixed the values out of sector items and you will discussed market restrictions. It acted as a court in the judging of circumstances and you can persecuting out of incorrect doers. The fresh omu designated an authorities woman known as awo. The new awo followed the fresh fixed price legislation from the markets. Markets taboos integrated, zero assaulting in the market, hand create must not to be sold in bunches, but split up earliest; and you may finally, peppers is boiled very first prior to being sold.
Regarding the precolonial time, Western African women achieved together so you’re able to vocalize its attitude in the products that influenced him or her. These types of appointment basis plus offered because assistance networks that ladies could rely upon in order to appropriate punishment away from offending men.